How to celebrate Mother's Day
Mothers are a fundamental pillar who support us in difficult moments, listen to us, advise us and help us to grow as people. This day is also an opportunity to recognise that not all mothers are the same. Many mothers have to face exceptional difficulties and challenges that make their work even more difficult, such as raising children alone, lack of financial resources or discrimination based on gender, race or social class. That is why it is important that we celebrate Mother's Day with an inclusive approach, recognising and supporting all mothers, regardless of their circumstances.
The most widespread origin of celebrating a day in honour of all mothers originated in ancient Greece, where festivals were held in honour of Rhea, the mother of the gods. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church established "Mothering Sunday" as a way to honour mothers around the world. However, it was in the United States where the celebration of Mother's Day was institutionalised, thanks to the struggle of activist Anna Jarvis, who in 1914 succeeded in having the second Sunday in May declared Mother's Day. This holiday is celebrated on different dates in different countries, but in Spain it has been celebrated on the first Sunday in May since 1965.
Celebrating Mother's Day with BusPlana
On this day, children usually offer gifts, flowers and greeting cards to their mothers to express their love and gratitude for everything they have done for them. In addition, many families take the opportunity to have a special meal or go out for dinner together. At BusPlana, we recommend some more original and unique gifts using our fleet of buses as a method of transport, inviting you to give the gift of time and experiences which is highly valued by our mothers.
- A trip. I'm sure your mother has always had a trip she's always wanted to take and never been able to, and if she hasn't, you have total freedom to choose the destination. You can choose a getaway in the towns of Reus, Cambrils, Tarragona, Salou or the magnificent city of Barcelona. On the other hand, if you want to travel to another country, you can use BusPlana to arrive at Barcelona airport.
- With BusPlana you have the possibility to give an excursion as a gift. We have 10 different excursions in which you can visit the city centre of Barcelona, the Camp Nou soccer stadium, the Barcelona Aquarium, the Barcelona Zoo and many more. You can check all our offer on our website www.busplana.com/excursiones.
- Thanks to the rising temperatures, spending a day at the beach can be a great plan on Mother's Day. Costa Dorada is full of beaches with crystal clear water and golden sand such as Cala Crancs or Levante beach in Salou, Playa de la Llosa in Cambrils or Miracle beach in Tarragona.
- Do you want to give the gift of a unique experience through the palate? Cambrils is a coastal town with some of the best Michelin-starred restaurants in the world. The restaurants Can Bosch, Miramar and Rincón de Diego are internationally renowned and offer top quality dishes and ingredients to delight you with a unique and unrepeatable offer.
- Aquum is located on the beach of La Pineda. It is a 4,000 m2 facility dedicated to wellness and relaxation. You can find a Spa and a massage centre with a varied offer so that you can dedicate this day to disconnection and physical and mental peace. Check our regular bus schedules on our website https://www.empresaplana.cat/en
- Barcelona is a must-see tourist destination. You can walk around the centre of this great city and visit the Gothic Quarter, Las Ramblas, L'Eixample and El Born, discovering all they have to offer. If you plan to arrive by plane to Barcelona airport you can reach the city centre in just 20 minutes thanks to our transfers, check them out at https://www.busplana.com/en/
- Montserrat is one of the most popular places of worship in Catalonia, as well as being located in an environment connected to nature and with incredible landscapes. You can take advantage of one of our excursions that allows you to visit the monastery and also includes a visit to Sitges, giving your mother two excursions at the same time. Visit our website https://www.busplana.com/en/excursions/montserrat-and-sitges to see all the details.
Remember that you can travel to all locations to make these plans on Mother's Day with BusPlana. You can check our regular lines at https://www.empresaplana.cat/en or book your transfer to or from Barcelona airport at https://www.busplana.com/en/. On the other hand, if you want to check all the excursions we have prepared for you, you can do so at https://www.busplana.com/en/excursions. Happy Mother's Day!