The bus from Camp de Tarragona station to Costa Dorada increases passengers by 62% compared to 2019
- Between June and September 2023, 29,112 people travelled on the lines connecting the high-speed station with Vila-seca, Salou and Cambrils.
- This is the response to the improvement in frequency: this August and September, the Generalitat and BusPlana have increased the number of trips on this route by 8.
- Most of the passengers on this route are national tourists.
- The percentage of passengers travelling to Camp de Tarragona Station on Plana coaches has risen from 16% to 39% in just eight years.
- Grup Plana transports 20 million people every year and is the leader in passenger transport by road in the province of Tarragona.
The BusPlana lines that connect Camp de Tarragona high-speed train station with the towns of Vila-seca, Salou and Cambrils have seen a steady increase in passengers in recent months.
The summer season, from June to September, closed with 62.32% more passengers than in the same period of 2019 and 31.15% more than last year. Thus, this summer 29,112 people have travelled on these lines while the previous year 22,197 did so and before the pandemic, in 2019, there were 17,935 people.
|2023 (June - September)||29,112|
|2022 (June - September)||22,197|
|2019 (June - September)||17,935|
Part of this increase has been possible thanks to the increased frequency of buses on this line. In mid-August, the Generalitat and BusPlana added 8 new services to the existing 56. Thus, since the 14th of August, users have had 64 daily trips, 32 round trips, from Costa Dorada to Camp de Tarragona Station.
In addition, in each of the lines, the schedule of two departures was moved forward to better match the time of arrival at the station with the departure time of the trains.
Passengers on these lines are usually tourists from Madrid, the Basque Country, Navarre or Aragon, who mainly come to spend the summer on Costa Dorada or travel to PortAventura, either as a family or as a couple.
In addition to these two lines from Costa Dorada (Vila-seca, Salou and Cambrils) to Camp de Tarragona Station, BusPlana also runs regular lines from Tarragona, Reus and Valls to Camp de Tarragona Station and vice versa.
According to the URV study "AVE Station, gateway to Costa Dorada", the percentage of travellers who go to Camp de Tarragona Station by coach has risen from 16% to 39% in just eight years. Some 40% of these people have done so on regular BusPlana services.
On the website www.empresaplana.cat you can find the schedules between Costa Dorada and Camp de Tarragona Station, as well as the other lines offered between the station and the province of Tarragona, where BusPlana is the leader in passenger transport by road with more than 6.5 million passengers a year in the Camp de Tarragona area.