6 plans to enjoy spring on the Costa Dorada and Barcelona
Spring normally begins in the northern hemisphere around 20 or 21 March and lasts until the end of June. In the southern hemisphere, on the other hand, spring starts around 21 September and lasts until the end of December. Did you know where the word spring comes from? It comes from the Latin "primus ver", which means "first greenery".
This season marks the beginning of renewal and rebirth after the cold winter. During spring, the temperature gradually begins to rise, causing nature to become more vibrant as flowers and trees bloom. Fields are filled with bright and vivid colours, from tulips and daffodils to daisies and poppies. The trees also begin to sprout new leaves and walks in the park become a spectacle of natural beauty. A good example of this is the Parc Samà in Cambrils. This relaxing park located on the Costa Dorada will allow you to see spring at its best. Check our regular lines to see the best public transport route to get there.
As well as the visual beauty, this time of year also brings with it a number of health benefits. The warmer temperatures can help improve mood and reduce stress levels and the sunlight also helps the body produce vitamin D, which is essential for bone health and immune function. Longer days also provide more time for outdoor exercise, which can be beneficial for physical and mental health.
Another exciting aspect is the return of migratory birds. After spending the winter in warmer climates, birds return to their summer homes to nest and breed. Bird song is a constant reminder of the rebirth and renewal of nature. One place where you can go to watch them is the Parc de la Torre d'en Dolça, located in the municipality of Vila-seca, where artificial lagoons and wetlands have been created where you can see a large number of migratory birds. It is also very easy to get there on any of the regular lines run by Empresa Plana.
Spring also marks the beginning of the gardening season. As the soil warms up, it becomes fertile and is the perfect time to plant seeds and transplant indoor plants outdoors. Whether it's a small balcony garden or a large vegetable garden, it's an exciting time to start cultivating and watching your plants grow. Reus is a town in the province of Tarragona that has a variety of gardens to visit. Sant Jordi Park, very close to the city centre, is a magnificent garden located right next to the city's commercial centre.
In addition to gardening, it is a popular season for cleaning and organising in the home. The term "spring cleaning" has become a popular tradition in many cultures. This curious concept consists of cleaning the entire house, especially those places and rooms where cleaning is not normally done in depth. It is also the perfect time to get rid of old and unused things, organize the home and give the house a new start.
Spring is also the season to celebrate friendship and youth, projecting optimism, joy, and vitality, it is a time of rebirth and a time to enter a stage of development and evolution. This is how we personally blossom again and it is a great opportunity to set new goals and objectives.
As temperatures start to rise, the weather improves and the hours of sunshine increase, it's the perfect time to enjoy outdoor activities. On the Costa Dorada, the Costa del Garraf and around Barcelona are places with an incredible offer for activities under the spring sun and, using BusPlana as a means of transport, you can do them without worries. Here is a list of the best ways to spend a pleasant day outdoors:
- PortAventura World: spending the day at this wonderful park is an exciting and fun experience for all ages. This theme park on the Costa Dorada has a wide variety of attractions, shows and fun activities to do.
- Beaches of Salou: this tourist town located in the province of Tarragona has a wide variety of beaches and coves ideal for enjoying the sun and the sea. An example of this are the Llevant beaches, the Ponent beach or the small Cala Crancs. There is also a wide variety of beaches in and around the towns of La Pineda, Cambrils and Tarragona, which are not to be missed.
- Spend the day in Barcelona: the capital of the province of Barcelona is the ideal place to spend a spring day. You can visit Parc Güell, Barceloneta beach, the Gothic Quarter and Parc Montjuïc, among many others. Check our timetables and book the transfer that best suits you on our website.
- Cycling in Cambrils: this town is an excellent way to experience the beautiful natural and cultural beauty of the region. The most popular cycling routes are along the Cambrils seafront promenade and the Camino de Ronda, a coastal path ideal for exploring the best beaches and coves in the area. Our range of routes and timetables of regular lines will allow you to reach this fishing town without worries.
- Natural parks: Collserola is located in Barcelona, home to a wide variety of flora and fauna and with a wide range of hiking trails. You can get to the centre of Barcelona using our bus lines from Cambrils, Salou, La Pineda or Tarragona.
- Gardens: we couldn't finish the list without mentioning some gardens in Barcelona, such as the Jardí Botànic and the Parc de la Ciutadella, both in Barcelona.
Aprovecha la llegada de la primavera para realizar algunos de estos magníficos planes al aire libre y, recuerda que, BusPlana te brinda la posibilidad de llegar a ellos ofreciendo traslados en autobús desde infinidad de localidades de la provincia de Tarragona, el aeropuerto de Barcelona, el aeropuerto de Reus o la estación AVE Camp de Tarragona. Consulta los horarios que más se adapten a ti en nuestra página web https://empresaplana.cat/.